- The conclusions of the I Water Congress of Catalonia underline the need for sustainable and participative management in water and sanitation for economic and social progress.
- The Catalan community is shown as a benchmark model for finding solutions before climate change and the increase in the demand for water and modernised sanitation.
- Xavier Latorre, president of the Associació Catalana d’Amics de l’Aigua presented 12 conclusions to the congress held in the Roca Barcelona Gallery.
- The understanding of the Fifth Assessment Report of the IPCC (AR5) is crucial for achieving the communication objectives pointed out by the experts in Climate Change.
- The work of the IPCC (Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change), the WMO (World Meteorological Organization) reveals one of the most serious threats for future access to water.
- The We Are Water Foundation organised the international workshop ‘Social Perceptions of Water and Climate’
- Based on the last report from the IPCC, new communicative challenges on how to pass on their conclusions to the general public were discussed
The We Are Water Foundation raises awareness on such an important date on the new water culture with actions around the world