The awareness of the importance of water and sanitation moves forward. The impact of the World Water Day events organized by the Foundation all around the world proves that the civil society is increasingly taking up the challenge for humanity that no one is left behind: to achieve effective, global and inclusive governance.
Water News and Reports
Never before has the survival or our life pattern depended on water. The water crisis, exacerbated by climate change, affects us all, but it will affect new generations even more. There is an urgent need for dialogue to find accurate diagnoses that will lead to effective solutions. With this goal in mind, the We Are Water Foundation gathered experts in meteorology and water treatment on World Water Day for a debate on the crucial issues all of us and the coming generations will need to face.
Will the current growth model allow a fair access to water and sanitation in Latin America? The sociologist José Esteban Castro presented the conclusions of his decades of work on the water issues in disadvantaged areas of the world in the last talk of the series “Water and metropolis”, organized by the We Are Water Foundation and Casa Amèrica Catalunya.
The new Construction manual of latrines and wells is based on the experience gained by the We Are Water Foundation in its sanitation projects all around the world.
Urban expansion, the demand of agricultural production, the need to evolve in political management and climate change define a crucial moment in the progress of Latin American countries, which depend on water more than ever. Sergio Bitar, Chilean engineer and former minister, explained this in the series of conferences “Water and metropolis” organized by the We Are Water Foundation and Casa Amèrica Catalunya.
The treatment of waste water brings to light the fundamental problem of the water cycle management in the industrialised world. The basic problem is identical in the poorest areas but the social consequences are catastrophic. The conclusions of the experts gathered at the debate “Reuse of water, Are we ready?” organised by the We Are Water Foundation, point to the action of citizens that are well informed of the integral water cycle. There is a great deal at stake.
- Nine experts gathered for the Masterclass Water and jobs. The power to transform our lives, organised by the We Are Water Foundation, share with students the current challenge posed by the water economy that affects us all.
- Awareness-raising, coordination and cooperation from all of us are the keys to manage our most precious resource, which is also the most threatened one.
- Companies are essential to attain any goal.
- For World Toilet Day, the We Are Water Foundation organised “Sanitation for all. Ghandi’s dream and the challenge of India”, a debate in which the goals of the SWACHH Bharat programme were set out
- The Asian giant shows the planetary scale of the problem of sanitation
- The installation of toilets must be accompanied by community participation, justice and, above all, education
Sign up to receive news about the water crisis and We Are Water projects.