- World Water Week ends with a call to climate negotiators to fully integrate water into the global agreement of Paris 2015 next December
- Solving the problems of hydric resources and sanitation are approached as a key factor in achieving the Sustainable Development Goals
- The prestigious event about water in Stockholm held its 25th anniversary with 3,300 participants from 125 countries
- The conclusions of the I Water Congress of Catalonia underline the need for sustainable and participative management in water and sanitation for economic and social progress.
- The Catalan community is shown as a benchmark model for finding solutions before climate change and the increase in the demand for water and modernised sanitation.
- Xavier Latorre, president of the Associació Catalana d’Amics de l’Aigua presented 12 conclusions to the congress held in the Roca Barcelona Gallery.
- The understanding of the Fifth Assessment Report of the IPCC (AR5) is crucial for achieving the communication objectives pointed out by the experts in Climate Change.
- The work of the IPCC (Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change), the WMO (World Meteorological Organization) reveals one of the most serious threats for future access to water.
- The We Are Water Foundation organised the international workshop ‘Social Perceptions of Water and Climate’
- Based on the last report from the IPCC, new communicative challenges on how to pass on their conclusions to the general public were discussed
The We Are Water Foundation raises awareness on such an important date on the new water culture with actions around the world
- The solid multidisciplinary formation of the skippers makes a two crew round-the-world trip like the Barcelona World Race possible.
- Climatology, meteorology, medicine and engineering are essential in single-handed and two-crew sailing.
- Organisation aboard an IMOCA 60 shows an analogy with the projects of the We Are Water Foundation which takes water and sanitation to deprived areas with the aim of sustainability.
- Water and energy, also inseparable in the sea
- The We Are Water constitutes a lab for testing and developing new technologies to obtain clean energy.
- Bruno and Willy García embody the citizens of the future who through ICT manage their resources sustainably.
- Bruno and Willy García repair the water treatment device while crossing the meridian of India.
- Managing drinking water on board is fundamental in order to finish the regatta and a constant invitation to reflection.
Sign up to receive news about the water crisis and We Are Water projects.