The mountains of the southern tip of the South American continent take visitors to a journey back in time: its rivers and streams flow towards the ocean as they did in pre-industrial times, filled with pure water. Science has a privileged real-scale lab in Tierra del Fuego to study a unique ecosystem, in which water is the key factor that stores the ancestral secrets of life on Earth.
Water News and Reports
The Argo beacon launched by the vessel We Are Water during the last Barcelona World Race has spent two years drifting in the South Atlantic collecting valuable temperature and salinity data. The aim is to learn more about the ocean: the climate of the Earth depends on the health of its gigantic water body.
- The solid multidisciplinary formation of the skippers makes a two crew round-the-world trip like the Barcelona World Race possible.
- Climatology, meteorology, medicine and engineering are essential in single-handed and two-crew sailing.
- Organisation aboard an IMOCA 60 shows an analogy with the projects of the We Are Water Foundation which takes water and sanitation to deprived areas with the aim of sustainability.
- Bruno and Willy García repair the water treatment device while crossing the meridian of India.
- Managing drinking water on board is fundamental in order to finish the regatta and a constant invitation to reflection.
- Bruno and Willy García cross the first three meridians of the Foundation’s projects in the Barcelona World Race.
- The yachtsmen become first-hand witnesses to the climatic contrast of the Earth and invite us to reflect.
- The launch of the Argo buoy, the first scientific action of the We Are Water in the regatta.
- The We Are Water sails in a Barcelona World Race, pioneer in the projection of scientific knowledge and solidarity inherent in ocean sailing.
- Bruno and Willy García, skippers of the We Are Water, are exceptional carriers of the solidarity message of the Foundation in the 14 meridians of its projects and in 12 climatic zones of the planet.
- The need to understand that the health of the ocean is vital to contemplate a sustainable world is one of the main educational and communicative objectives of this third two-handed round the world regatta.
- The 14 countries in which the Foundation undertakes its projects will mark the solidarity perspective of Bruno and Willy García’s trip around the world.
- The Barcelona World Race carries the message of the We Are Water Foundation and frames it within the scientific and solidarity context of the regatta.
- The Olympic synchronised swimming team christen the Foundation’s boat at its official presentation in the port of Barcelona.
- Some messages should go around the world will be the slogan that will accompany the round-the-world trip of the We Are Water.
Sign up to receive news about the water crisis and We Are Water projects.