The Argo beacon launched by the vessel We Are Water during the last Barcelona World Race has spent two years drifting in the South Atlantic collecting valuable temperature and salinity data. The aim is to learn more about the ocean: the climate of the Earth depends on the health of its gigantic water body.
Water News and Reports
The world watches out for carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions. The excess gas is the main cause of global warming due to the greenhouse effect. We will show you a video and a chart with conclusive data to understand the importance of the compliance of the Paris COP21 resolutions. Global warming worsens the lack of access to water and it increases droughts.
- The position of meteorology and climatology in the social understanding of climate change will be debated at the 13th International Weather and Climate Forum (29th-31st May in Paris)
- The importance of communication and education, focal point of the meeting in which the audience is the main protagonist
- The We Are Water Foundation presents the campaign #NoWalking4Water to the international community of professionals of atmospheric sciences
- The Foundation’s acts on World Toilet Day show that the problem of sanitation covers a vast world beyond that of the latrine and sanitation technologies
- The galleries of Madrid, Lisbon and Shanghai bring together experts in search of solutions. The investment in human capital involves organisation and education
- At COP21, the 21st Conference of the Parties about the climate, almost 200 governments from around the world will sign the most important agreement for the future of life on Earth.
- The average temperature of the atmosphere rising more than 2 degrees before the end of the century must be avoided at all costs.
- Meteorology, key in avoiding damage, is the science that will best guide us to understand what happens.
- The Foundation receives an honorary mention from the European Meteorological Society for the scope of the We Are Water Film Festival.
- World Water Week ends with a call to climate negotiators to fully integrate water into the global agreement of Paris 2015 next December
- Solving the problems of hydric resources and sanitation are approached as a key factor in achieving the Sustainable Development Goals
- The prestigious event about water in Stockholm held its 25th anniversary with 3,300 participants from 125 countries
- The solid multidisciplinary formation of the skippers makes a two crew round-the-world trip like the Barcelona World Race possible.
- Climatology, meteorology, medicine and engineering are essential in single-handed and two-crew sailing.
- Organisation aboard an IMOCA 60 shows an analogy with the projects of the We Are Water Foundation which takes water and sanitation to deprived areas with the aim of sustainability.
- Bruno and Willy García repair the water treatment device while crossing the meridian of India.
- Managing drinking water on board is fundamental in order to finish the regatta and a constant invitation to reflection.
Sign up to receive news about the water crisis and We Are Water projects.