Smart Water Smart Cities / 2014 – Mexico City
After getting to know first-hand the mission of the Museo Memoria y Tolerancia in Mexico City, with which the Foundation feels fully identified for its outreach and awareness-raising work on global issues, the presentation of the We Are Water Foundation took place in said space on the 8th May 2014. A conference on awareness and dissemination directly related to the water situation in the country took also place that same day, providing additional responses from the architectural and design perspective.
Goals of the conference:
- To raise the awareness of society and Mexican authorities on the need to create a new water culture that allows a fair development and a sustainable management of water resources.
- Ease the lack of water resources in the most disadvantaged areas of Mexico through aid projects.
- ITo proactively incorporate architecture and design, hand in hand with technology, in favor of a new water culture that among other things promotes best practices to make water available to those most in need.
9:15 hrs. Registration and welcome
9:45 hrs. Institutional opening. Luis Fernández-Cid de las Alas Pumariño, Ambassador of Spain in Mexico www.exteriores.gob.es/Embajadas/MEXICO/es/Embajada/Paginas/inicio.aspx
9:55 hrs. Presentation of the conference. David Cámara Navarro, Curator of Smartwater, Smartcities - Mexico
10:00 hrs. Presentation of the We Are Water Foundation and its international experience: Jorge Bleier, International Sales Manager Roca and Carlos de la Fuente, Area Manager Roca www.wearewater.org/en/
10:30 hrs.Keynote address “Keys of the new environmental plan of the government, focused on wate” by David Korenfeld, Director of Conagua www.conagua.gob.mx.
10:45 hrs. New solutions and challenges of the water situation in Mexico and its international vision.
Technology and design at the service of water:
- Eng. Ramón Aguirre, Director General of Water Systems of Mexico City www.sacmex.df.gob.mx/sacmex/
- Arch. José Luis Cayuela, Managing partner of Cognicase México www.grupocmc.es
- Eng. Alberto Cayuela Director, Operations and Business Development, Centre for Interactive Research on Sustainability http://cirs.ubc.ca/ The University of British Columbia (online participation)
- Arch. Mauricio Rocha Iturbide, Director of Taller de Arquitectura www.imta.gob.mx
- Eng. Armando Leyva, Director of Corporate Affairs, Mexico and Central America Division - Coca Cola, Femsa – www.coca-colafemsa.com
- Andrés Fleiz and Benjamín Cárdenas, FIIDEM www.alianzafiidem.org
- Eng. Jorge Luis Salas Frizard, Energiemanagement, Water treatment and Management Systems; Plant Services Manager. Think Blue- Volkswagen www.vw.com.mx
12:15 hrs. Opening of the panel: The vision of architecture, water and society – Solutions to the water challenge from architecture. Arch. Jorge Arditti, director of Arditti Arquitectos. www.ardittiarquitectos.com
Mesa de debate:
- Arch. Mauricio Rocha Iturbide, Director Taller de Arquitectura www.tallerdearquitectura.com.mx
- Arch. Bernardo Gómez Pimienta, Director y Fundador www.bgp.com.mx
- Arch. Juan Pablo Serrano, Director Serrano Monjaraz www.serranomonjaraz.com
- Arch. Ricardo Rondón, Principal and Senior Vice President HKSIN www.hksinc.com
- Arq. Gabriel Morales, Líder en Proyectos Sustentables, Grupo Syasa www.gruposyasa.com
- Arch. Benjamín Romano, Presidente LBR www.lbr.com.mx
- Carlos Pascal, Director Pascal Arquitectos www.pascalarquitectos.com
- Ing. José Antonio Rivera, Vicepresidente de Desarrollo Corporativo AM Resorts www.amresorts.com
- Arch. Jean Michel Colonnier, Director General Colonnier y Asociados www.colonnieryasociados.com
Closure of the discussion panel: resident of the Association of Architects of Mexico and the Society of Mexican Architects www.cam-sam.org/camsam/.
13:30 hrs. General debate with attendants
14:00 hrs. Drinks.